2739 | DIESEL CROSSOVER (ENDORSEMENT)
Course Number: 2739
Course Length: 160 Hours
Minimum Class Size: 2 Students
Maximum Class Size: 8 Students
Please bring picture ID on first day.
Any applicant who has successfully completed our Diesel Crossover (Endorsement)(MIDATL-158) course will satisfy the requirements of:
- The course requirement of 46 CFR 11.502(b)(4) for adding the Motor endorsement to the level of their current unlimited Steam or Gas Turbine endorsement. OR
- Receive 60 days sea service credit towards upgrading an unlimited third assistant (Motor) engineer license to an unlimited second assistant (Motor) Engineer license. This course cannot be used for recency.
- The Motor Plants training requirements of 46 CFR 11.329(a)(4)(ix)
- The Motor standards of competence required by 46 CFR 11.329(a)(3); Section A-III/1 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, meeting the National Assessment Guidelines from NVIC 17-14 Ch-2 Tasks 1.1.B, 4.3.C, and 4.3.F;
- The Motor standards of competence required by 46 CFR 11.325(a)(2); Section A-III/2 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, meeting the National Assessment Guidelines from NVIC 15-14 Ch-1 Tasks 1.1.A, 1.1.B, 1.1.C, 1.1.D, 3.1.A and 7.1.A;
This course may be used for only one application towards sea time credit OR Diesel endorsement cross-over and may not be used for subsequent raises-in-grade or cross-over applications. The applicant will need to take the Increase in Scope exam for this course at a USCG REC.
Applicants who have successfully completed our course need not present completed “Control Sheets” for these assessments in application for STCW certification.
The course objectives is to instruct the students in the areas relevant to Motor Plants at both the Operational and Management Level, in doing so, satisfy company, national and international regulations.
Upcoming Course Dates:
Call 757-464-6008 for Class Availability
Class Starts at: 8:00 a.m.
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.