2731 | Electrical Machinery and Basic Electronics (MIDATL-861)
A mariner who successfully completes the Electrical Machinery and Basic Electronics (MIDATL-861) course will satisfy:
- The Electrical Machinery and Basic Electronics training requirements of 46 CFR 11.329(a)(4)(x) towards an OICEW endorsement; AND
- The Engineering Terminology and Shipboard Operations training requirements of 46 CFR 11.329(a)(4)(V) towards an OICEW endorsement; AND
- The examination requirements of 46 CFR 12.505(c) for the Electrician portion of the combined QMED Electrician /Refrigerating Engineer, if presented within one year of the completion of training;
- The equivalents to the following specific TASKS from the OICEW NVIC 17-14: 6.1.A; 6.1.B; 6.1.D; 6.1.E; 6.2.A; 7.1.A; 7.2.A; 7.2.B; 7.3A; and 7.4.A; And
- Sea service credit for 30 days towards the sea service requirements of 46 CFR 11.516(1) for third assistant engineer or 46 CFR 12.505(a) for QMED.
Applicants are not required to present the completed record of assessment sheets when applying for the STCW endorsement.
The course objective is to instruct the student in the areas relevant to Control Systems at the Operational Level and in so doing, satisfy company, national and international regulations as stated in STCW Table A-III/1 Specification of minimum standard of competence for officers in charge of an engineering watch in a manned engine-room or designated duty engineers in a periodically unmanned engine-room.
Student will learn basic configuration and operation principles of the following electrical, electronic and control equipment:
1. Electrical equipment:
a. Generator and distribution systems
b. Preparing, starting, paralleling and changing over generators
c. Electrical motors including starting methodologies
d. High-voltage installations
e. Sequential control circuits and associated system devices
2. Electronic equipment:
a. Characteristics of basic electronic circuit elements
b. Flowchart for automatic and control systems
c. Functions, characteristics and features of control systems for machinery items, including main propulsion plant operation control and steam boiler automatic controls.
Course Number: 2731
Please bring picture ID
2021 COURSE DATES:
04/26/2021 – 05/21/2021 – online
06/21/2021 – 07/16/2021
08/16/2021 – 09/10/2021 – online
10/11/2021 – 11/05/2021