2728 | EPA 608 Certification – Type 3 Technician
Course Number: 2728
Course Length: 8 hours, In-Person
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Required Course Tools: None
Please bring picture ID
2021 COURSE DATES:
Call 757-464-6008 For Instructor Availability
Class Start Times: 8:00 a.m.
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Students registering for this course will be provided with a notebook containing lesson objectives. Students must be able to pass the Type III Examination in order to be certified as Type III Technician. To pass EPA Type III the candidate must first pass a CORE section of the test plus one of the Technician Type Exams.
- Ozone and Ozone Depletion
- Clean Air Act and the Montreal Protocol
- Refrigerants, Refrigerant Oils & Refrigerant Substitutes
- The Mechanical Refrigeration Process
- Gauge Manifolds
- Leak Detection Guidelines
- Recovery, Recycling and Reclaiming
- Recovery Techniques & Guidelines
- Dehydration Evacuation Guidelines
- Refrigerant Safety Guidelines
- Refrigerant Cylinder Safety
Type III Technician primarily works on equipment using a low pressure refrigerant such as R-123 or R-11. These units are usually large, chilled water systems.
Need Help Traveling Here?
If you need help with hotel and car rentals, please give us a call. We have arrangements with local hotels and car rental agencies for our students. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to attend our school.