2727 | EPA 608 Certification – Type 2 Technician
Course Number: 2727
Course Length: 8 hours, In-Person
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Required Course Tools: None
Please bring picture ID
2021 COURSE DATES:
Call 757-520-1668 For Instructor Availability
Class Start Times: 8:00 a.m.
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Students registering for this course will be provided with a notebook containing lesson objectives. Students must be able to pass the Type II Examination in order to be certified as a Type II Technician. To pass EPA Type II, the candidate must first pass a CORE section of the test plus one of the Technician Type Exams. Once CORE is passed, it need not be taken again, and it may also be used for additional EPA types.
- Ozone and Ozone Depletion
- Clean Air Act and the Montreal Protocol
- Refrigerants, Refrigerant Oils & Refrigerant Substitutes
- The Mechanical Refrigeration Process
- Gauge Manifolds
- Leak Detection Guidelines
- Recovery, Recycling and Reclaiming
- Recovery Techniques & Guidelines
- Dehydration Evacuation Guidelines
- Refrigerant Safety Guidelines
- Refrigerant Cylinder Safety
Type II Technician primarily works on equipment using a high pressure refrigerant such as R-22. The equipment includes residential air conditioners, heat pump units, commercial/restaurant refrigeration, and process refrigeration systems.