2726 | EPA 608 Certification – Type I Technician
Course Number: 2726
Course Length: 8 hours, In-Person
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Required Course Tools: None
Please bring picture ID
2021 COURSE DATES:
Call 757-464-6008 For Instructor Availability
Class Start Times: 8:00 a.m.
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Students registering for this course will be provided with a notebook containing lesson objectives. Students must be able to pass the Type I Examination in order to be certified as a Type I Technician. To pass EPA Type I, the candidate must first pass a CORE section of the test plus one of the Technician Type Exams.
- Ozone and Ozone Depletion
- Clean Air Act and the Montreal Protocol
- Refrigerants, Refrigerant Oils & Refrigerant Substitutes
- The Mechanical Refrigeration Process
- Gauge Manifolds
- Leak Detection Guidelines
- Recovery, Recycling and Reclaiming
- Recovery Techniques & Guidelines
- Dehydration Evacuation Guidelines
- Refrigerant Safety Guidelines
- Refrigerant Cylinder Safety
Type I Technician primarily works on small appliances (household refrigerators, drinking fountains, window air conditioning units, etc.), Pressurized Terminal Air Conditioners (PTAC’s) and vending machines.