2721 | Leadership and Teamworking Skills
Course Number: 2721
Course Length: 8 hours, In-Person
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Minimum Class Size: 2
Maximum Class Size: 12
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
Any applicant who has successfully completed the Leadership and Teamworking Skills (MIDATL-768) course will satisfy:
- The Leadership and Teamworking Skills within 46 CFR 11.309; 46 CFR 11.319; 46 CFR 11.321; AND, the specific tasks from the National Assessment Guidelines found in NVIC 12-14 (Tasks 18.1.A-18.3.A), for an endorsement as Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch;
- The Leadership and Teamworking Skills within 46 CFR 11.329; AND, the specific tasks from the National Assessment Guidelines found in NVIC 17-14 (Tasks 16.1.A-16.3.A), for an endorsement as Officer in Charge of an Engineering Watch;
Applicants who have successfully completed this course need not present completed Task Control Sheets for these assessments in application for STCW certification.
On completion of the course, the trainee should be able to demonstrate sufficient understanding and knowledge of leadership and teamworking. The trainee will have the relevant skills to competently carry out the duties of officer in charge of a navigational watch on ships of 500 gross tonnage or more, or officer in charge of an engineering watch in a manned engine-room or designated duty engineer in a periodically unmanned engine-room.
The knowledge, understanding, and proficiency should include, but not be limited to, those listed in Column 2 of tables A-II/1, A-III/1, and A-III/6:
- Working knowledge of shipboard personnel management and training
- A knowledge of related international maritime conventions, recommendations and national legislation
- Ability to apply task and workload management
- Knowledge and ability to apply effective resource management e Knowledge and
- ability to apply decision making techniques
2022 COURSE DATES:
Why Come to Norfolk, VA
MAMA Trains is located in a huge resort area. There is so much to do in our town. There are two main industries in our area. The US Navy and Tourism. There are family-friendly attractions and excellent night-life activities. We have some of the best restaurants in America and Virginia Beach is often on lists such as the safest places to live and best places to visit. Check out our attractions while you are here.