1798 | Basic Training Revalidation
Course Length: 9 Hours, In-Person
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Minimum Class Size: 5
Maximum Class Size: 16
This class will be taught at the Fire Field and at the Pool REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS:
You need to bring the following items for the Fire Field:
- Long Pants
- Closed Toe Shoes or Safety Shoes
- Extra T-Shirt is required for the Fire Field
You need to bring the following items for the Pool:
- Appropriate swim wear (i.e. shorts with liner – no basketball shorts) (one piece bathing suit for women)
- Towel (not provided by MAMA)
Basic Training Revalidation Course Description
- Basic Training
- At least 1 year of Sea Service in the last 5 years
Any applicant who successfully completes our Basic Training Revalidation (MIDATL-718) course will satisfy the continued competency requirements for Personal Survival Techniques and Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting in STCW as amended 2010, Section A-VI/1, 46 CFR 11.302(d) and 46 CFR 12.602(d), provided that they have at least 1 year of sea service in the last 5 years.
- The following practical assessments performed during this course have been determined to be equivalent of National Assessment Guidelines TASKs, as documented in NVIC 08-14 Guidelines On Qualifications For STCW Endorsements In Basic Training; 1.14.B, 1.14.D, 1.14.E, 1.14.F, 1.14.G, 3.7.A, 3.8.A, 3.8.B, 3.8.C and 3.8.D.
- Applicants who have successfully completed our course need not present a completed “Record of Assessment” for these tasks in application for STCW certification.
Each student who successfully completes this course will have demonstrated competency as detailed in STCW Tables A-VI/1-1 for personal survival techniques and A-VI/1-2 for fire prevention and fire fighting as mandated by 46 CFR.
2021 COURSE DATES:
2022 COURSE DATES:
Why Come to Norfolk, VA
MAMA Trains is located in a huge resort area. There is so much to do in our town. There are two main industries in our area. The US Navy and Tourism. There are family-friendly attractions and excellent night-life activities. We have some of the best restaurants in America and Virginia Beach is often on lists such as the safest places to live and best places to visit. Check out our attractions while you are here.