1798 | Basic Training Revalidation
Any applicant who successfully completes our Basic Training Revalidation (MIDATL-718) course will satisfy the continued competency requirements for Personal Survival Techniques and Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting in STCW as amended 2010, Section A-VI/1, 46 CFR 11.302(d) and 46 CFR 12.602(d), provided that they have at least 1 year of sea service in the last 5 years.
- The following practical assessments performed during this course have been determined to be equivalent of National Assessment Guidelines TASKs, as documented in NVIC 08-14 Guidelines On Qualifications For STCW Endorsements In Basic Training; 1.14.B, 1.14.D, 1.14.E, 1.14.F, 1.14.G, 3.7.A, 3.8.A, 3.8.B, 3.8.C and 3.8.D.
- Applicants who have successfully completed our course need not present a completed “Record of Assessment” for these tasks in application for STCW certification.
Each student who successfully completes this course will have demonstrated competency as detailed in STCW Tables A-VI/1-1 for personal survival techniques and A-VI/1-2 for fire prevention and fire fighting as mandated by 46 CFR.
Course Length: 9 Hours
Minimum Class Size: 5
Maximum Class Size: 16
Please bring picture ID
This class will be taught at the Fire Field and at the Pool:
You need to bring the following items for the Firefield:
- Long Pants
- Closed Toe Shoes or safety shoes
- An extra T-shirt is required for the Fire Field.
You need to bring the following items for the Pool:
- Appropriate swim wear (i.e. shorts with liner – no basketball shorts) (one piece bathing suit for women)
- Towel (not provided by MAMA)
- Basic Training
- At least 1 year of Sea Service in the last 5 years