1793 | Crowd Management
Course Number: 1793
Course Length: 7 hours, In-Person
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Minimum Class Size: 2
Maximum Class Size: 24
As of 19 July 2021 the Price for classes for 2022 will be: $300.00
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
No tools required for this course
Any applicant who has successfully completed our Crowd Management (MIDATL-142) course will satisfy:
- The crowd management training requirements of 46 CFR 11.1105(a)(1)(i); AND
- The crowd management training requirements of Section A-V/2 paragraph 3 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010; AND
- The safety training requirements of Section A-V/2 paragraph 2 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010; AND,
- The crowd management standards of competence required by Table A-V/2-1 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010.
The course will provide trainees with techniques and protocols for managing movement of passengers under emergency conditions necessitating preparation to abandon ship. Training will be generic and should be supplemented with shipboard training to ensure “ship unique” policies/procedures are understood.
Crowd Management Training
The crowd management training required by regulation V/2, paragraph 4 for personnel designated on muster lists to assist passengers in emergency situations shall include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Awareness of life-saving appliance and control plans.
- The ability to assist passengers en route to muster and embarkation stations,
- Mustering procedures,
Safety training for personnel providing direct service to passengers in passenger spaces
The additional safety training required by regulation V/2, paragraph 5, shall at least ensure attainment of the abilities as follows:
- Life-saving appliances
- Embarkation procedures
A trainee successfully completing this training will be able to:
- Control a crowd in an emergency situation on board
- Locate essential safety and emergency equipment on board
- Communicate effectively with passengers during an emergency
- Demonstrate the use of personal life-saving appliances
- Comply with the ship’s safety and emergency procedures
Call (757) 464-6008 to Schedule Class
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Class Starts at: 8:00 a.m.
Why Come to Norfolk, VA
MAMA Trains is located in a huge resort area. There is so much to do in our town. There are two main industries in our area. The US Navy and Tourism. There are family-friendly attractions and excellent night-life activities. We have some of the best restaurants in America and Virginia Beach is often on lists such as the safest places to live and best places to visit. Check out our attractions while you are here.