1762 | OUPV Upgrade to Master 100 GRT
Course Number: 1762
Course Length: 24 hours, In-Person
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Minimum Class Size: 2
Maximum Class Size: 6
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
Any applicant who has successfully completed the Upgrade OUPV to Master 100 Tons course and presents the Certificate of Training within one year of the completion of training will:
- Satisfy all examination requirements for upgrade of a merchant mariner credential from OUPV Near Coastal, or Great Lakes and Inland, or Inland waters to a credential of Master of Vessels of less than 100 gross registered tons upon Near Coastal, or Great Lakes & Inland, or Inland Waters
- OR, increase the scope of a credential of Master of Vessels of less than 100 gross registered tons upon Great Lakes and Inland, or Inland Waters to Master of Vessels of less than 100 gross registered tons upon Near Coastal Waters.
The course completion certificate issued upon successful completion of this course is valid for one application which results in the issuance of an endorsement.
Provided the candidate meets all other qualification requirements for the requested license, those who pass all examinations with satisfactory scores will be considered to have demonstrated that they possess the knowledge required by 46 CFR 11.428 and 46 CFR Table 11.910-2 for upgrade from OUPV to 100 GRT/250 GT Great Lakes, Inland and Near Coastal Master licenses.
The level of understanding will be at least equal to the standard for passing the upgrade from OUPV to Master 100 Tons Coast Guard examinations given in the Regional Examination Centers.
Recommended Study Material:
- Navigation Rules International—Inland COMDTINST M16672.2D. March 1999 Publisher Department of Transportation United States Coast Guard
Required Course Tools:
- Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Scientific Calculator ($16.00)
- Weems and Plath 15″ Parallel Ruler ($20.00)
- Weems and Plath Ultralight Divider/Compass #176 ($23.00)
- Weems and Plath Triangle #101 (2 Triangles are required) ($15.00)
Call (757) 464-6008 for class availability or to schedule online class
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Class Starts at: 8:00 a.m.
Why Come to Norfolk, VA
MAMA Trains is located in a huge resort area. There is so much to do in our town. There are two main industries in our area. The US Navy and Tourism. There are family-friendly attractions and excellent night-life activities. We have some of the best restaurants in America and Virginia Beach is often on lists such as the safest places to live and best places to visit. Check out our attractions while you are here.