1752 | FACILITY SECURITY OFFICER
Course Number: 1752
Course Length: 18 Hours
Minimum Class Size: 2
Maximum Class Size: 12
Please bring picture ID on first day of class.
The course was reviewed and found to meet the standards of competence provided in 33 CFR 105.205, International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS) Code Part a/2.1.8, ISPS Code Part A/17, and International Maritime Organization (IMO) Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) (2015 Edition).
Those who successfully complete this course should be able to undertake the duties and responsibilities as port facility security officer, as defined in section A/17.2 of the ISPS Code, which include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting an initial comprehensive security survey of the port facility taking into account the relevant Port Facility Security Assessment.
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of the Port Facility Security Plan;
- Implementing and exercising the Port Facility Security Plan;
- Undertaking regular security inspections of the port facility to ensure the continuation of appropriate security measures;
- Recommending and incorporating, as appropriate, modifications to the Port Facility Security Plan in order to correct deficiencies and to update the plan to take into account of relevant changes to the port facility;
- Enhancing security awareness and vigilance of the port facility personnel;
- Ensuring adequate training has been provided to personnel responsible for the security of the port facility;
- Reporting to the relevant authorities and maintaining records of occurrences that threaten the security of the port facility;
- Coordinating implementation of the Port Facility Security Plan with the appropriate Company an Ship Security Officer(s);
- Coordinating with security services, as appropriate;
- Ensuring that standards for personnel responsible for security of the port facility are met.
- Ensuring that security equipment is properly operated, tested, calibrated and maintained, is any; and
- Assisting Ship Security Officers in confirming the identity of those seeking to board the ship when requested.
Upcoming Course Dates:
Call 757-464-6008 for class availability
Class Starts at: 8:00 a.m.