1751 | COMPANY SECURITY OFFICER
Course Number: 1751
Course Length: 16 Hours
Minimum Class Size: 1
Maximum Class Size: 12
Please bring picture ID on first day of Class.
Any applicant who satisfactorily completes the Company Security Officer (MIDATL-559) course will satisfy the training requirements of 33 CFR 104.210 and STCW Code Section A-VI/5 for an STCW endorsement as Company Security Officer. Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Advising the level of threats likely to be encountered by the ship, using appropriate security assessments and other relevant information;
2. Ensuring that ship security assessments are carried out;
3. Ensuring the development, the submission for approval, and thereafter the implementation and maintenance of the ship security plan;
4. Ensuring that the ship security plan is modified, as appropriate, to correct deficiencies and satisfy the security requirements of the individual ship;
5. Arranging for internal audits and reviews of security activities;
6. Arranging for the initial and subsequent verifications of the ship by the Administration or the recognized security organization;
7. Ensuring that deficiencies and non-conformities identified during internal audits, periodic reviews, security inspections and verifications of compliance are promptly addressed and dealt with;
8. Enhancing security awareness and vigilance;
9. Ensuring adequate training for personnel responsible for the security of the ship;
10. Ensuring effective communication and co-operation between the ship security officer and the relevant port facility security officers;
11. Ensuring consistency between security requirements and safety requirement;
12. Ensuring that, if sister-ship or fleet security plans are used, the plan for each ship reflects the ship-specific information accurately; and
13. Ensuring that any alternative or equivalent arrangements approved for a particular ship or group of ships are implemented and maintained.
2020 Course Dates:
Call 757-464-6008 to schedule this class.