1744 | Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (VPDSD)
Course Number: 1744
Course Length: 8 hours
Minimum Class Size: 1
Maximum Class Size: 12
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
Any applicant who has successfully completed our Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (VPDSD)(MIDATL-747) course will satisfy the training requirements of 46 CFR 12.625(a)(1) and STCW Table A-VI/6-2 for an STCW endorsement as Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties.
Those who successfully complete the course should be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge to undertake the duties assigned under the Vessel Security Plan (VSP). This knowledge shall include, but is not limited to:
- Knowledge of current security threats and patterns;
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices;
- Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security;
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures;
- Crowd management and control techniques;
- Security related communications;
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
- Operation of security equipment and systems;
- Testing, calibration and at-sea maintenance of security equipment and systems;
- Inspection, control, and monitoring techniques; and
- Methods of physical searches of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo, and vessel stores.
2020 COURSE DATES:
2021 COURSE DATES:
Day Classes Start at: 8:00 a.m.
Day Classes Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Required Course Tools:
No tools required for this course