1743 | Maritime Security Awareness
Course Number: 1743
Course Length: 4 hours
Minimum Class Size: 1
Maximum Class Size: 12
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
Any applicant who has successfully completed our Maritime Security Awareness (MIDATL-561) course will satisfy the security awareness requirements 46 CFR 12.627(a)(1) and paragraphs 1-4 of Section A-VI/6 and Table A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, for an STCW endorsement for Security Awareness.
Those who successfully complete the Maritime Security Awareness course should be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge to support the implementation of relevant maritime security plans. This knowledge shall include, but is not limited to:
- the meaning and the consequential requirements of the different security levels;
- knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
- recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances, and devices;
- recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security;
- techniques used to circumvent security measures
Upcoming Course Dates:
Call (757) 703-2196 for Class Availability.
Class Starts at: 8:00 a.m.
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Required Course Tools:
No tools required for this course