1735 | Basic Fire Fighting
Course Number: 1735
Course Length: 16 hours
Minimum Class Size: 2
Maximum Class Size: 20
Please bring the following items when you report for class:
- Picture ID on first day of class
- Long pants
- Closed Toe Shoes, or Safety Shoes, No Sneakers or Athletic footwear, Please
- An extra T-shirt is required for the Fire Field
Any applicant who has successfully completed our Basic Fire Fighting (MIDATL-53) course will satisfy:
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/1; and all the Basic Fire Fighting assessments in NVIC 08-14.
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2);
- Basic Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2) [Basic only] and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3); and
- The fire fighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d) and 13.501(c)(3).
This course will provide the student with the knowledge and experience to handle shipboard fires and emergencies. The student will be instructed in the behavior of fire, prevention and suppression techniques and equipment. The student will be instructed in the safe use of respirators, fit testing of respirators, and the application of this training to firefighting and other hostile environments. This course is designed to give the student the necessary skills to minimize the risk of fire and maintain a state of readiness for combating shipboard fires. This Firefighting Course will also provide hands on training with the equipment utilized at this facility and the equipment found on various vessels operating at this facility. A trainee successfully completing this course will be enabled to react in a correct manner in the event of an outbreak of fire, to take appropriate measures for the safety of personnel and of the ship, and to use the fire appliances correctly. He will also be able to state and demonstrate that he has acquired knowledge and skills, which, in some instances, will enable him to identify and correct defects and thus prevent fire from occurring.
Upcoming Course Dates:
Call (757) 703-2196 for Class Availability
Class Starts at: 8:00 a.m.
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Required Course Tools:
No tools required for this course