1707 | First Aid & CPR
Course Number: 1707
Course Length: 8 hours, In-Person
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Minimum Class Size: 10
Maximum Class Size: 20
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
Any Applicant who has successfully completed the First Aid & CPR (MIDATL-197) course will satisfy the following requirements:
- Elementary First Aid per STCW Code Table A-VI/1-3;
- Elementary First Aid per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(3) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(3); and AND
- the First Aid & CPR training requirements of 46 CFR 11.201(i)(1)
Students in this class learn the principles and techniques of safety and basic first aid, automatic external defibrillator (AED) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) according to the accepted standards of the American Heart Association. Successful students are awarded an American Heart Association card. This course also provides classroom training to those mariners seeking to complete basic first aid and CPR training to meet the requirement for issuance of an original USCG Merchant Mariner’s license or satisfy the Elementary First Aid training requirements of STCW – 95 Basic Safety Training (BST).
The following subject areas are covered:
- Position Casualty
- Apply Resuscitation Techniques
- Control Bleeding
- Apply Appropriate Measures of Basic Shock Management
- Apply Appropriate Measures in Event of Burns And Scalds, including Accidents Caused by Electric Current
- Rescue and Transport a Casualty
- Improvise Bandages and Use Materials in Emergency Kit
Required Course Tools:
No tools required for this course
Call 757-464-6008 to Schedule Class
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Class Starts at: 8:00 a.m.
Why Come to Norfolk, VA
MAMA Trains is located in a huge resort area. There is so much to do in our town. There are two main industries in our area. The US Navy and Tourism. There are family-friendly attractions and excellent night-life activities. We have some of the best restaurants in America and Virginia Beach is often on lists such as the safest places to live and best places to visit. Check out our attractions while you are here.