1504 | Cybersecurity (Basic Maritime)
Course Number: 1504
Course Length: 8 hours, In-Person
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Minimum Class Size: 2
Maximum Class Size: 18
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
The Basic Maritime Cybersecurity Course is designed to educate all seafarers and offshore platform workers about the growing threat of cyber-attacks, particularly to the industrial control systems that govern the operations of modern ships and facilities. This includes both a wide-angle overview of the laws and best practices that govern the industry as a whole; as well as, practical tips and tools to help secure the ship or facility at the deck plate level. Any applicant who has successfully completed our Basic Maritime Cybersecurity Course will gain valuable knowledge about cybersecurity and safety issues, especially those peculiar to the maritime domain.
This knowledge shall include, but is not limited to:
- Existing and Proposed Regulatory and Non-Regulatory Guidance for Maritime Cybersecurity
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology Cyber Profiles and USCG Industry Profiles
- The Cyber Risk Model
- The differences and overlap between Information Technology and Operational Technology
- Various forms of Cyber Attacks
- Defending Against Maritime Cyber Threats
- Industrial Cyber Safety
- Contingency planning for mitigating the effects of a cyber-attack or accident.
Call 757-464-6008 to Schedule Class
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Class Starts at: 8:00 a.m.
Why Come to Norfolk, VA
MAMA Trains is located in a huge resort area. There is so much to do in our town. There are two main industries in our area. The US Navy and Tourism. There are family-friendly attractions and excellent night-life activities. We have some of the best restaurants in America and Virginia Beach is often on lists such as the safest places to live and best places to visit. Check out our attractions while you are here.