Course Number: 2729
Course Length: 120 Hours
Minimum Class Size: 2
Maximum Class Size: 8
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
2729 | Officer in Charge of Engineering Watch (OICEW) Diesel Engine
8 in stock
Course Number: 2729
Any applicant who has successfully completed the OICEW – Diesel Engine (MIDATL-734) course will satisfy:
1. The Motor Plants training requirements of 46 CFR 11.329(a)(4)(ix) for STCW endorsements as OICEW on vessels powered by main propulsion machinery of 750 kW/1,000 HP propulsion power or more; AND
2. The following TASKs from Enclosure (2) of the OICEW NVIC 17-14 (Ch-1): 4.2.A; 4.3.A (Note 5); 1.1.A; 1.1.B; 1.1.E; 1.1.F; 1.2.A; 4.1.A; 4.2.A; 4.3.A; 4.3.C; 4.3.F; 6.1.B; 6.1.D.
Applicants who have successfully completed this course need not present completed “Task Control Sheets” for these assessments in application for STCW certification.
The course objectives is to instruct the student in the areas relevant to Motor Plants at the Operational Level, in doing so, satisfy company, national and international regulations as stated in Standards of Training Certification and Watchkeeping tables- A-III/1, and section B-III/1, for competence in knowledge of the following:
Table A-III/1 Specification of minimum standard of competence for officers in charge of an engineering watch in a manned engine-room or designated duty engineers in a periodically unmanned engine-room.
Function: Marine engineering at the operational level
Competence: Operate main and auxiliary machinery and associated control systems
Knowledge, understanding, and proficiency
- Basic construction and operation principles of machinery systems, including:
1. Marine diesel engine
- Safety and emergency procedures for operation of propulsion plant machinery, including control systems
1. Main engine auto slow down and shut down
2. Power failure
- Preparation, operation, fault detection and necessary measures to prevent damage for the following machinery items and control systems:
1. Main engine and associated auxiliaries
The course is designed for the experienced engineers seeking licensing as an officer in charge of an engineering watch for vessels over 4000 HP/3000 kW, and anyone simply wishing to expand his/her maritime knowledge. Although the course is designed with the professional mariner in mind, it remains open for anyone simply wishing to expand his or her maritime knowledge.
Upcoming Course Dates:
04/09/2018 – 04/27/2018
06/11/2018 – 06/29/2018
08/13/2018 – 08/31/2018
10/15/2018 – 11/02/2018
Class Starts at: 8:00 a.m.
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
|Course Dates -->>||
04/09/2018 – 04/27/2018, 06/11/2018 – 06/29/2018, 08/13/2018 – 08/31/2018, 10/15/2018 – 11/02/2018
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.