Any applicant who has successfully completed the Crowd Management (MIDATL-142) Course will satisfy the Crowd Management training requirements of Paragraph 1 of Section A-V/2; the Safety Training requirements of Paragraph 2 of Section A-V/2 of the STCW Code, As Amended 2010.
The course will provide trainees with techniques and protocols for managing movement of passengers under emergency conditions necessitating preparation to abandon ship. Training will be generic and should be supplemented with shipboard training to ensure “ship unique” policies/procedures are understood.
Crowd management training:
The crowd management training required by regulation V/2, paragraph 4 for personnel designated on muster lists to assist passengers in emergency situations shall include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- awareness of life-saving appliance and control plans,
- the ability to assist passengers en route to muster and embarkation stations,
- mustering procedures,
Safety training for personnel providing direct service to passengers in passenger spaces:
The additional safety training required by regulation V/2, paragraph 5, shall at least ensure attainment of the abilities as follows:
- Life-saving appliances
- Embarkation procedures
A trainee successfully completing this training will be able to:
- Control a crowd in an emergency situation on board
- Locate essential safety and emergency equipment on board
- Communicate effectively with passengers during an emergency
- Demonstrate the use of personal life-saving appliances
- Comply with the ship’s safety and emergency procedures
Upcoming Course Dates:
Call (757) 464-6008 For Class Availability
Class Start Times:
Day Classes: 8:00 a.m.
Night Classes: 4:00 p.m.
Check-in Time Starts at:
Day Classes: 7:00 a.m.
Night Classes: 3:00 p.m.
Required Course Tools:
No tools required for this course