Any applicant who has successfully completed the Meteorology (Operational Level)(MIDATL-316) course will satisfy:
- The Meteorology training requirements of 46 CFR 11.309(a)(4)(xiii) for an STCW endorsement as Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch on vessels of 500 or more gross tonnage (ITC); AND,
The following practical assessment performed during this course have been determined to be equivalent of National Assessment Guidelines Tasks, as documented in NVIC 12-14 Guidelines On Qualifications For Officer In Charge Of A Navigational Watch on Vessels of 500 GT or More:
1.9.A, 1.9.B, 1.10.A, 1.10.B, 1.10.C, 1.10.D, 1.10.E, 1.10.F, and 1.10.G
Applicants who have successfully completed this course need not present completed Task Control Sheets for these assessments in application for STCW certification.
This course aims to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for knowledge, understanding and proficiency in Table A-II/1 as amended for the function Meteorology at the Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch on vessels of 500 or more gross tonnage. This course will provide students with the detailed knowledge to support the training outcomes related to navigation at the operational level and in doing so satisfy company, national, and international regulations for candidates for certification as follows in accordance with Table A-II/1: Specification of minimum standard of competence for officers in charge of a navigational watch on ships of 500 gross tonnage or more.
Function: Navigation at the operational level
Competence: Plan and conduct a passage and determine position
Knowledge, understanding and proficiency
- Ability to use and interpret information obtained from shipborne meteorological instruments
- Knowledge of the characteristics of the various weather systems, reporting procedures and recording systems
- Measurements and observations of weather conditions are accurate and appropriate to the passage
- Ability to apply the meteorological information available
Upcoming Course Dates:
01/08/2018 – 01/12/2018
02/05/2018 – 02/09/2018
03/05/2018 – 03/09/2018
04/02/2018 – 04/06/2018
04/30/2018 – 05/04/2018
06/04/2018 – 06/08/2018
07/09/2018 – 07/13/2018
08/06/2018 – 08/10/2018
09/10/2018 – 09/14/2018
10/01/2018 – 10/05/2018
11/05/2018 – 11/09/2018
12/03/2018 – 12/07/2018
Class Starts at: 8:00 a.m.
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Required Course Tools:
No tools required for this course