Any Applicant who has successfully completed the First Aid & CPR (MIDATL-197) course will satisfy the following requirements:
- Elementary First Aid per STCW Code Table A-VI/1-3;
- Elementary First Aid per 46 CFR 11.302(b)(3) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(3); and AND
- the First Aid & CPR training requirements of 46 CFR 11.201(i)(1)
Students in this class learn the principles and techniques of safety and basic first aid, automatic external defibrillator (AED) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) according to the accepted standards of the American Red Cross. Successful students are awarded a certificate from the American Red Cross. This course also provides classroom training to those mariners seeking to complete basic first aid and CPR training to meet the requirement for issuance of an original USCG Merchant Mariner’s license or satisfy the Elementary First Aid training requirements of STCW – 95 Basic Safety Training (BST).
The following subject areas are covered:
- Position Casualty
- Apply Resuscitation Techniques
- Control Bleeding
- Apply Appropriate Measures of Basic Shock Management
- Apply Appropriate Measures in Event of Burns And Scalds, including Accidents Caused by Electric Current
- Rescue and Transport a Casualty
- Improvise Bandages and Use Materials in Emergency Kit
Upcoming Course Dates:
Class Starts at: 8:00 a.m.
Check-in Time Starts at: 7:00 a.m.
Required Course Tools:
No tools required for this course