Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (VPDSD) | 1744
Course Number : 1744
Course Length : 8 hours
Minimum Class Size : 1
Maximum Class Size : 12
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
Any applicant who has successfully completed the Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (VPDSD) (MIDATL-747) course will satisfy the requirements for security-related training, Paragraphs 6-8 of Section A-VI/6 and Table A-VI/6-2 of the STCW Code, as amended, AND satisfy the training requirements of 33 CFR 104.220.
Those who successfully complete the course should be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge to undertake the duties assigned under the VSP. This knowledge shall include, but is not limited to:
- Knowledge of current security threats and patterns;
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices;
- Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security;
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures;
- Crowd management and control techniques;
- Security related communications;
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
- Operation of security equipment and systems;
- Testing, calibration and at-sea maintenance of security equipment and systems;
- Inspection, control, and monitoring techniques; and
- Methods of physical searches of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo, and vessel stores.
Upcoming Course Date
Class Start Times:
Day Classes: 8:00 a.m.
Night Classes: 4:00 p.m.
Check-in Time Starts at:
7:00 a.m. for Day Classes
3:00 p.m. for Night Classes
If you have a PayPal Account, pre-payment for classes via PayPal will make your check-in time shorter and easier.
Required Course Tools:
No tools required for this course