Maritime Security Awareness | 1743
Course Number : 1743
Course Length : 4 hours
Minimum Class Size : 1
Maximum Class Size : 12
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
Any applicant who has successfully completed the Maritime Security Awareness (MIDATL-561) course will satisfy the requirements for security-related training, Paragraphs 1-4 of Section A-VI/6 and Table A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended, AND satisfy the training requirements of 33 CFR 104.225.
Those who successfully complete the course should be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge to support the implementation of relevant maritime security plans. This knowledge shall include, but is not limited to:
- the meaning and the consequential requirements of the different security levels;
- knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
- recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances, and devices;
- recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security;
- techniques used to circumvent security measures
Upcoming Course Dates:
Call For Class Availability.
Class Start Times:
Day Classes: 8:00 a.m.
Night Classes: 4:00 p.m.
Check-in Time Starts at:
7:00 a.m. for Day Classes
3:00 p.m. for Night Classes
If you have a PayPal Account, pre-payment for classes via PayPal will make your check-in time shorter and easier.
Required Course Tools:
No tools required for this course