Electronic Navigation | 1713
Course Number : 1713
Course Length : 40 hours
Minimum Class Size : 2
Maximum Class Size : 6
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
Recommend taking: Terrestrial & Coastal Navigation (1706) and Radar Observer Unlimited (1700) before this course
Any Applicant who has successfully completed the Electronic Navigation (MIDATL-181) course will satisfy:
- The Electronic Navigation training requirements of 46 CFR 11.309(a)(4)(viii) for an STCW endorsement as Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch on vessels of 500 or more gross tonnage (ITC); AND,
- The following practical assessments performed during this course have been determined to be equivalent of National Assessment Guidelines Tasks, as documented in NVIC 12-14 Guidelines On Qualifications For Officer in Charge Of A Navigational Watch on Vessels of 500 GT or More:
- 1.4.A, 1.4.B, 1.4.C, 1.4.D, and 1.5.A
- Applicants who have successfully completed this course need not present completed Task Control Sheets for these assessments in application for STCW certification.
This course meets the mandatory minimum requirements for knowledge, understanding, and proficiency in Table A-II/1 and A-II/3 of STCW as amended for the function Navigation at the Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch on vessels of 500 or more gross tonnage (ITC) Level. The course will also provide students with the detailed knowledge to support the training outcomes related to navigation at the operational level and be able to use ECDIS for their navigational watch, operate ECDIS equipment, use the navigational functions of ECDIS, select and assess all relevant information, and then take proper action. This course will meet the requirements for:
- Planning and conducting a coastal passage and determining position
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to use ECDIS
- Ability to operate safely and determine the ship’s position by use of all navigational aids and equipment commonly fitted on board the ships concerned
- Maintaining a safe navigational watch
Upcoming Course Dates:
Call for Class Availability
Class Start Times:
Day Classes: 8:00 a.m.
Night Classes: 4:00 p.m.
Check-in Time Starts at:
7:00 a.m. for Day Classes
3:00 p.m. for Night Classes
If you have a PayPal Account, pre-payment for classes via PayPal will make your check-in time shorter and easier.
Required Course Tools:
- Weems and Plath Parallel Ruler (2 Triangles are required) $15.00
- Weems and Plath 15 $20.00
- Weems and Plath Ultralight Divider/Compass #176 $23.00
- Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Scientific Calculator $16.00
- Weems and Plath Nautical Slide Rule #105 $23.00