Deck Familiarization | 1100
Course Number : 1100
Course Length : 32 hours
Minimum Class Size : 2
Maximum Class Size : 12
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
The Deck Familiarization course is a study of seamanship designed to prepare the student for employment and for all mariners assigned to lookout and watchkeeping support duties from inland to ocean going vessels. This course is designed to teach new skills to the entry-level mariner or to enhance skills of those mariners who have minimal sea-going experience which serves to increase awareness and promote safety in your surroundings.
Topics covered in this course include:
- working in the maritime industry
- watchstanding duties
- helmsman duties
- lookout duties
- emergency situations
- emergency radio equipment and pyrotechnics
- marine pollution
- vessel terminology including setting watertight integrity
- deck seamanship and deck equipment and machinery
- marlinespike seamanship including practical line handling
- deck maintenance including hand tool usage, safety, and surface preparation and painting
Upcoming Course Dates:
Call For Class Availability.
Class Start Times:
Day Classes: 8:00 a.m.
Night Classes: 4:00 p.m.
Check-in Time Starts at:
7:00 a.m. for Day Classes
3:00 p.m. for Night Classes
If you have a PayPal Account, pre-payment for classes via PayPal will make your check-in time shorter and easier.
Required Course Tools:
No tools required for this course