Basic Fire Fighting | 1735
Course Number: 1735
Course Length: 16 hours
Minimum Class Size: 2
Maximum Class Size: 20
Please bring the following items when you report for class:
- Picture ID on first day of class
- Long pants
- Closed Toe Shoes, or Safety Shoes, No Sneakers or Athletic footwear, Please
- Socks and
- An extra T-shirt
Any applicant who has successfully completed the Basic Fire Fighting (MIDATL-53) course will satisfy:
- The Basic Safety Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting training requirements of Section A-VI/1 and Table A-VI/1-2 of the STCW Code and 46 CFR 11.202(b)(2); AND
- The Basic Fire Fighting training requirements of 46 CFR 11.205(d) and 11.401(g)(1) for an officer endorsement, AND
- The Fire Fighting training requirements of 46 CFR 13.207, 13.307(a), 13.407 or 13.507 for any tankerman endorsement.
This course will provide the student with the knowledge and experience to handle shipboard fires and emergencies. The student will be instructed in the behavior of fire, prevention and suppression techniques and equipment. The student will be instructed in the safe use of respirators, fit testing of respirators, and the application of this training to firefighting and other hostile environments. This course is designed to give the student the necessary skills to minimize the risk of fire and maintain a state of readiness for combating shipboard fires. This Firefighting Course will also provide hands on training with the equipment utilized at this facility and the equipment found on various vessels operating at this facility. A trainee successfully completing this course will be enabled to react in a correct manner in the event of an outbreak of fire, to take appropriate measures for the safety of personnel and of the ship, and to use the fire appliances correctly. He will also be able to state and demonstrate that he has acquired knowledge and skills, which, in some instances, will enable him to identify and correct defects and thus prevent fire from occurring.
Upcoming Course Dates:
Call for Class Availability
Class Start Times:
Day Classes: 8:00 a.m.
Night Classes: 4:00 p.m.
Check-in Time starts at:
7:00 a.m. for Day Classes
3:00 p.m. for Night Classes
If you have a PayPal Account, pre-payment for classes via PayPal will make your check-in time shorter and easier.
Required Course Tools:
No tools required for this course