Advanced Stability | 1789
Course Number : 1789
Course Length : 40 hours
Minimum Class Size : 2
Maximum Class Size : 8
Please bring picture ID on first day of class
Any applicant who successfully completes our Advanced Stability (MIDATL-25) course will:
- Satisfy the Advanced Stability training requirements of 46 CFR 11.305(a)(3)(ii) and 11.307(a)(3)(ii) for STCW endorsements as Master or Chief Mate on Vessels of 3,000 GT or More (Management Level), and
- Satisfy the following practical assessments found in NVIC 10-14: 9.10.A, 11.2.A, 11.3.A, 11.3.B, 11.3.C,11.3.D, 14.1.A, 14.1.B, 14.2.A, 14.3.A, AND
- Satisfy the Advanced Stability training requirements of 46 CFR 11.311(a)(3)(ii) and 11.313(a)(3)(ii) for an STCW endorsement as Master or Chief Mate on Vessels of 500 Gt OR More and Less Than 3,000 GT (Management Level),, AND
- Satisfy the following practical assessments found in NVIC 11-14: 11.2.A, 11.3.A
The objective of this stability course is to provide students with a review of stability fundamentals and practices and in doing so, satisfy company, national, and international regulations for candidates for certification as master or chief mate as follows:
STCW Code Section A-II/2 and Table A-II/2 for:
Function: Controlling the operation of the ship and care for persons on board at the management level
Competence: Control trim, stability, and stress
Knowledge, understanding and proficiency:
Understanding of fundamental principles of ship construction and the theories and factors affecting trim and stability and measures necessary to preserve trim and stability
Knowledge of the effect on trim and stability of a ship in the event of damage to and consequent flooding of a compartment and countermeasures to be taken
Knowledge of IMO recommendations concerning ship stability
Recommended Study Material:
Stability and Trim for the Ship's Officer; Fourth Edition William E. George, Editor 2005.
Stability and Trim for Upper Level Licenses by Stephen L. Civilla.
Upcoming Course Dates:
05/01/2017 - 05/05/2017
07/24/2017 - 07/28/2017
09/11/2017 - 09/15/2017
10/23/2017 - 10/27/2017
12/04/2017 - 12/08/2017
Class Start Times:
Day Classes: 8:00 a.m.
Night Classes: 4:00 p.m.
Check-in Time Starts at:
7:00 a.m. for Day Classes
3:00 p.m. for Night Classes
If you have a PayPal Account, pre-payment for classes via PayPal will make your check-in time shorter and easier.
Required Course Tools:
1. Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Scientific Calculator $16.00